July 3, 2012

Into the Gentleman’s World



My name is Michael C. Dawes.  As a 21 year old Fashion Merchandising student, I am always inspired by color and classic pieces.  Welcome to my world.  A world of thrifted and vintage clothing, arrays of color, and bowties.  As stated above I am a fashion merchandising major, aspiring to become a stylist of men of all sizes. 

I am from a very small town in North Carolina called Robersonville.  People that know where I am from, refer to me a “country boy.”  As a young man I was always inspired by my dad to dress properly for every occasion.  Saturdays was always filled with me following him into men clothing stores that sold tailored garments, while my mom would be a high end women’s shop.  As I watched my dad get dressed on Sunday mornings for church, I became intrigued by the many pops of color and how he wore clothes that accentuated his portly body. 

In March of 2010, I started working in retail at a men’s clothing store in hopes of summer income and not a career, but after working there for about a year, I realized that men’s clothing and men’s fashion was something I wanted to do as career and most likely for the rest of my life. 































Wearing: Blazer - Amherst and Brock (thrifted), Slacks - Belk, Shirt - Joseph A. Bank, Hat - Old Navy, Shoes - Rugged Warehouse

You have now unlocked the door into a journey of an unfolding process of men’s clothing from my point of view.  I cannot replicate what the common men’s fashion magazines offer as far as fashion but in the world of the gentleman, I hope to inspire at least one person to “dress out loud” and don’t be afraid to just wear it.

1 comment:

  1. Blessed to know someone as talented, bold and determined as you! Can't wait to see what all you post and how this journey unfolds! Count me in as one of your fans. Let me know if you need anything and keep me posted with everything! JUST THE BEGINNING !

    ReplyDelete

Best of AGW