July 14, 2014

A Leap of Faith

Soooooo many of you guys probably did not know that I decided to take a semester off from school. Click here for a little more insight. Anyway, January 10, 2014, I am walking in Stein Mart, purchasing a bronze watch. I receive a phone call that changed my life, well a good portion of it. It was Randy Curtis, CEO and visionary of Artiisan Photography. He asked what were my plans for that following Sunday. I responded, and the rest was history. Just a little back story, Randy and I met back in October, when he expressed interest in a fashion stylist for his business. I told him I was interested, and wanted to collaborate with him. To make a long story short, my first experience with him was nothing but successful. I had the chance to work with him, Britney Oates, and the model Chioke Brown, a photographer at North Carolina Central. We started at 9:00 am prepping, coordinating and gathering ideas on what our model would wear for this photo shoot. Thank God, the model, Chioke Brown desired us to style him from his own wardrobe. This guy had to have had the sickest, classic wardrobe I'd seen in a long time. Herringbone pieces from J. Crew and Banana Republic, to detailed accessories, and shoes any gentleman would kill for. Needless to say, this was my first time working with Randy, officially, and little did I know, I was in for the long haul. We starting shooting at around 10am and finished around 4pm. Talk about tiring, but I would not trade the hunger, the tiredness, the cold, and this great experience for anything else. So you are wondering why I am calling this a leap of faith, correct? Well that evening when I arrived home, I made the announcement to my parents that I was taking a semester off from school. I held the news from this for about a month under the impression that they would slay me unto death, and bury my remains. Instead my mom replied with an understanding answer. She did however, push me to go back to school online so I could continue to work full time and work on building my styling portfolio. So I am currently doing just that! I am sure you guys are sick of me talking, so here are the photos of our work.

2 comments:

Best of AGW