July 16, 2014

Camo Crazy.

As a little boy I have always been infatuated with camouflage. I remember owning camouflage shirts, pants, and even a camo du-rag in the ninth grade. In high school, I took a hiatus from so much it because I thought it was a bit tacky and out of style during that time period. It was not until 2012 that I rekindled my love for the print. Now, there was a moment in time when wearing camouflage was associated with early 2000's street style (baggy clothing), however hip hop style, or urban street style has evolved greatly. Since 2012, I have found a few sartorial approaches to successfully pulling off camo pieces. Here are a few pictures below as examples.
Exhibit 1: Navy Blazer, denim oxford, vintage gold brooch, leopard print bow tie, black suede slippers, and camo pants. Note: These pants were a find at a local antique shop in Greenville, North Carolina. They happened to be pants from a real army uniform. These pants were a size 40, however they seemed to have fit baggy in both the waist and the legs. I decided to visit my tailor and have her taper the legs and bring in the waist on the pants.
Exhibit 2: Camouflage uniform jacket, denim oxford, maroon pants, classic bucks, Chanel beanie, and somehow the leopard print bow tie found its way in.
Exhibit 3: Camouflage blazer, quilted leather pants, white shirt, black bow tie, black cap toe oxford lace-ups

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best of AGW