September 5, 2014

Serendipity

Indeed, it has been a bit over two weeks since I have posted on here.  I promised myself that I would blog at least once a week, however the past two weeks have been massively busy.  Between renovations at my home, church, work, and other things, time seemed scarce.  But enough of my excuses.  Let's get into my new accessory by Jamar Sampson, CEO/designer of Quali-ties.

Recently, after a meeting with Jamar concerning to upcoming ideas, I selected an accessory from Jamar's archives.  It was hard to choose between a between his suave lapel pins, elegant pocket squares, or unique bow ties.  Finally I decided on a colorful, spring cotton bow tie.  What a wonderful decision I made.  As soon I got in my car and examined the bow tie a little closer, I started to doubt whether I had pieces in my wardrobe that would compliment this particular bow tie, or whether I would have to buy something new, which with my poor man's budget these days, that was kind of out of the question.  (Greater days are certainly ahead for all of us.)

From Saturday, August 23, the day of the meeting, until Sunday August 31, I pondered greatly with ideas of what I could wear with this bow tie.  At first my thoughts were to run to my hero, my double breasted blazer and pair it with a pair of summer cotton pants.  Naaaaaaaa, that look was already done too many times by me this summer.  So then I begin to think seersucker.  Maybe I would revive my seersucker blazer that I have not worn in four years.  Nope!  Each idea was falling apart for me, until the I suddenly thought of my Jos. A. Bank traveler navy blue 3-piece suit separate.  Now hear me out.  I didn't wanna do all three pieces together with the bow tie.  I some how thought that would be too overbearing and cliche.  So I immediately had to think how could interchange one piece of the outfit to coordinate with bow tie.  Seersucker.  This time seersucker pants started to seem like a pleasing choice for this outfit.  I own both a traditional blue pair of seersucker pants and an orange pair.  After much contemplation I chose the orange seersucker pants so that my attire was not overpowered with blue.

The outfit consisted of a navy suit separate jacket, a navy vest, orange/white seersucker pants, a blue dress shirt with a white contrasting collar, and of course the bow tie.  The outfit of choice was topped off with a straw wide brim fedora, a gold watch, a pair of neutral/turquoise saddle shoes, and a lapel flower that matched the bow tie perfectly, though the two were chosen without each other in mind.

Here, I will show you guys some pictures:

This is the bow tie made by Quali-ties.  Don't you just love the colors in the bow tie?  

As stated earlier, the lapel pin was not planned with this outfit.  It was actually a find at a store in Raleigh, and I didn't have any idea that it would match so well.

This is the complete outfit. Navy jacket and vest with orange/white seersucker slacks.  Too bad I didn't capture the shoes.  

Most of all, if you did not enjoy or gleam anything else from this post, please remember to support my bro Jamar Sampson and Quali-ties.  He does amazing men's furnishing.  Highly creative and great customer service along with his product.  Check him out.  

Website-www.quali-ties.com
Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/qualitiestaccessories
Instagram-Quali-ties

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best of AGW