July 31, 2014

Let's Add Furniture to the List

Growing up, my parents have always had high end taste buds.  My mom closet would be filled with luxury suits, shoes, hats, and purses.  My dad's closet contained nice suits, sport coats, classic shoes, and a variety of watches.  Now the torch has been passed along to me.  I love nice wool suits, patterned sport coats, nice cotton shirts, and quality dress shoes.  Soon, my closet will contain all of own bespoke pieces made by yours truly. (Speaking it into existence)

Now, not only have my parents have a strong love for clothing, but they share deeper passion for nice home interior.  I can attest to that being that we have lived in the same house for almost 23 years, and this home has been remodeled at least 4 or 5 times.  I always note my parents have an obsession with mirrors, clocks, and vintage appeal.  They like to take advantage of space.  I think my favorite part of our home, is our elegant foyer that has marble tiles in the floor, with intricately designed Bombay that supports a lamp, a vase, an odd piece which I know not the name of, and of course a mirror to accent the tan colored walls, and arm railing.  I also delight in the fact that my parents select quality furniture.  Yes, it may be expensive, but I am strong believer in you pay for what you get.  I am a witness that in all three of our bed rooms, our dining room, den, and kitchen, you can find real wood furniture that are constructed to last and stand the test of time.

Well since they passed along their love for clothes to me, they have also given me their love for interior design.  Now, let me make this clear, I am no interior decorator or designer.  However, I am finding what I personally would love to see in my dream home(s).  (One day I will have a home in both Atlanta, North Carolina, and New York. You have to speak it!)

I have become obsessed with French furniture.  I can't figure out why I love it as much as I do, but I do.  I really believe that it is the fact that the furniture looks like royalty.  The bedroom sets look made for a king, such as myself. Haha.  I'm also infatuated with large canopy beds with leather and wood head boards.  Maybe my imagination is running too deep, but I will show pictures as an idea of what I am referring to.


Above is a picture of a hounds tooth patterned chair. If you notice, there is a tassel on the pillow which I think is the selling point for me.  It is always the small details.


Above is a picture of a display in the pottery store.  To be quite transparent with you guys, I am obsessed with chevron printed goods.  I just don't have the boldness to wear that pattern. I also appreciate the way the store accented the display with red.


I stumbled across this set-up at the antique store.  Most antique stores I've been too usually require vision when one looks the items.  In this particular store, I was sold just by the strategic placement of each piece.  This would make a nice addition to someone's man cave.  

This bedroom set in the photo pretty much describes what a nice bedroom of mine would look like, once I build my empire.  I only pray that I would not have to sleep alone in that thing. Haha



 Well, you get the point.  Just another example of a throne made for a king such as myself. 

Well folks keep dreaming, and know that not only is it your time, but it is your turn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best of AGW